- Check the Requirements
- Follow the Installation instructions
- Go further with Tips & Tricks
- Know how to Troubleshoot
- Have any questions? Contact us
- Read the legal stuff
IMPORTANT: Please read this Instructions and the Disclaimer before installing or sending any feedback, suggestion, complaint, bug or feature request.
This is what you need to run this software:
- PHP 5.3.0 or newer: your server must have at least php v5.3.0 installed. If you are unsure see below.
- An FTP account and client.
- (Optional) the GD/GD2 PHP extension: Either the GD or the GD2 extension are required by PHP for manipulating images and creating thumbnails. You’ll need these extensions if you want minishowcase to generate its own thumbnails on-the-fly. If you are unsure see below.
Server Check: If you don’t know if you have PHP installed in your host, try the following:
- Copy and paste the following into a text file:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
- Save the file as test.php and upload it via ftp to your webspace.
- Now fire up your favourite web browser and go to
http://yourdomain/path/to/file/test.php. Scrolling down you will find the current version of PHP and whether or not GD/GD2 extensions are installed and/or enabled.
Once you have checked that your server meets the prerequisites as listed above you are ready to begin the installation:
- Upload the entire minishowcase folder to the location you have chosen in your webserver. Rename it if you want.
Note: be careful to upload images in data (binary) format, and text files in text (ascii) format.
- Put all the images for a gallery inside a folder, name it as you want the gallery to be named without spaces or special characters (use underscores for spaces), put this folder inside the
Tips & Tricks ^
- Hide a gallery/image
If you want a gallery temporarily not to show in the menu, just prepend an underscore (
_) to the gallery folder name (eg.
/galleries/_yourgallery/). The same applies to images you want temporarily not to appear in a gallery.
- Show a caption of an image
If you want to show a description of the image, just name the image with the text you want to appear as a caption. Note: Underscores
_will be parsed and shown as spaces
-will be parsed and shown like this
my_image-comment.jpgwill look like
my image - comment.
Any question, information or request might be discussed in the community forums. I am often rather busy, a freelancer that travels from time to time, and it may happen that I don’t check the threads immediately, but do not doubt that your suggestions and requests will be taken into consideration and a prompt answer is likely to be delivered.
Legal stuff ^
This software is provided «As Is», and no implied warranties are to be considered in any way watsoever, not even the implied warranty of FITNESS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. By downloading this software you are deemed to this agreement and bound by the commercial licence that accompanies it.
minishowcase is licenced under a commercial licence. It can be found here.