Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Install errors: bootstrap, deprecated function, undefined index...

edited June 2013 in Troubleshooting
I set up the application according to instructions.  The screen displays this:

Notice: Undefined index: minishowcase_url in /home/tgsmitho/public_html/minishowcase/libraries/general.bootstrap.php on line 23

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/tgsmitho/public_html/minishowcase/libraries/general.init.php on line 96

Notice: Undefined index: JPG Support in /home/tgsmitho/public_html/minishowcase/libraries/general.init.php on line 100

[DEBUG] Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/28.0.1500.52 Chrome/28.0.1500.52 Safari/537.36

click to dismiss...

galleries

And that's all, except for a thank you note for installing minishowcase.

I really don't have a clue as to start with this.

Here's the directory structure of my site, which may be of some use to see how Minishowcase was placed:

_private
_vti_bin
_vti_cnf
_vti_log
_vti_pvt
_vti_txt
cgi-bin
img
minishowcase
cache
config
extensions
galleries
1960-1969
1970-1979
1980-1989
1990-1999
2000-2009
2010-current
pre-1960
images
languages
libraries
styles
themes
repository

You can see for yourself how this works at http://tgsmithonline.com/minishowcase/index.php

I'd surely appreciate any help.

Kent Smith
Bangkok

Comments

• hi kent,

go to line 36 of /index.php and add a couple slashes in front of it so it looks like this:

// error_reporting(E_ALL);

hope it helps.
  • edited July 2013

A note from Victor yesterday was very helpful.  Thank you.  Alas, one more issue has popped up out of the blue.  Does anyone know what might be causing it?  (I didn't touch the index.php files, BTW.)

Warning: Division by zero in /home/tgsmitho/public_html/galleries/1960-1969/index.php on line 87
    Warning: Division by zero in /home/tgsmitho/public_html/galleries/1960-1969/index.php on line 94

The lines of code are:
    line 87:  $efocal = round($x/$y,0);
    line 94:  $efnumber = round($x/$y,0);

PS...  I found that by commenting out lines 87 and 94 everything seems to work.  Obviously there is a reason they are there, though.  Should this be pursued?

• Those lines of code are not originally from minishowcase, they have been added afterwards. Sorry I cannot help with it.