embed minishowcase into my site?
  • i'm looking to get this gallery page inside one of my pages on my site? i was reading and a iframe definitely would not work... anyone have any ideas?
  • Iframe works like a charm on my webpage.

Why shouldn't it work?
  • perhaps with all the changes (many include recurring back to relative directory) the new version works inside iframes.

that is good to know, though i personally don't like iframes for the same navigational problems that unfortunately (and until i find the time and knowledge to solve) minishowcase is suffering from as well!

can you share your gallery link so i can check it out?

thanks.
  • I would rather not on the board. But send me an email on brugle2000 (a) hotmail.com
    and I could send you the link.
  • I am trying to do the same thing as mikepaggi. The iframe solution, however is not ideal. When you click a thumbnail the lightbox only covers the iframe and not the entire page, also when using lightboxjs2 and viewing a high resolution image, it will be cut off by the iframe.

Maybe you did something different to overcome these issues?

For the rest of my site I am using javascript calls to load pages into the main content area. I noticed there was another post further down which was looking for a solution to this same problem.

Any ideas on how to load the gallery using an AJAX call?

Karl
  • sure. it is simple. you don't include it into your site, but include your site into minishowcase.

add all the header code (head scripts, menu, etc) to the
    /add_header.php
    script, and all the footer code (everything that goes below) to the
    /add_footer.php
    code. then add all your header/footer styles to
    /styles/includes.css
    . after that set two variables
    $include_header
    and
    $include_footer
    to true in
    /index.php
    and you're set.

not well documented right now, but all my free time goes into patching code (hope that changes soon as minishowcase is maturing into a stable gallery. (right?)

sorry for the unelegant solution, but i have not had time to play around with inclusions.

it would be great and very helpful if some poeple post here their solutions, since i know some have been able to include it very elegantly into quite complex and interesting sites.
  • Thank you, this turned out to be a good solution.

Karl
  • Okay, I did it! I was able to embed minishowcase into my site without using header/footer files. Here is how i did it.

I am using jQuery, but i am sure what i did can be adapted to another framework.

-I renamed the minishowcase index.php to gallery.php.

-Move all javascript includes that you will use from gallery.php to your index.php. I had to do this because i am dynamically loading content pages, and i havent found a solution to pull in these script blocks yet.

-In the file 'ajax.functions.js' I i commented out the line 'window.onload = init'

-Again because of the way i am bring in my content i had to call the init() function after the gallery.php page was finished loading. My jQuery code looks like this:

/* This begins the init of minishowcase */
    $(document).ready(function() {
    init();
    });

This can also be accomplished like this:

I am still working on a solution to lazily load the script files using jQuery.

I'll try to get a live link working soon so you can check it out.

-Karl
  • I embed in a really simple way that worked like a charm to me. I took one of my sites pages, and in the area where I wanted to put it i just placed an include php function. Something like this:

<?php include('index.php'); ?>

I placed this page (a .php file) in the folder of the minishowcase gallery in order to mainting all relative linking working fine.

It worked just like a charm!. Visit it at:

www.malparao.com/minishowcase

In this Discussion