Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Thumbnail sorting

edited December 2006 in Troubleshooting
I have images with names 001.jpg, 002.jpg ... 037.jpg. Sorting is set to 1 (natural sorting) and I end up with:
- page 01: images 007 to 0037
- page 02: images 001 to 006

I think it should be:
- page 01: images 001 to 030
- page 02: images 031 to 037

Comments

• have you tried other sorting methods? they change from platform to platform.

but i suggest to name them all with the same amount of digits. not software-wise but the best method around.
  • Yes, I tried all kinds of sorting. All names has the same digit numbers (0037 in my example is really 037 - it's my mistake in post).
  • have a link to your gallery that i might check out?
    could you please include gallery version and server software used?
  • http://marcin.prodom.com.pl/rodzinne/?g=grudzien_2006

As you can see I still have problems with Polish letters. I use latest build from subversion. convig/version says it's v09a46. Server runs on Debian 2.4.18-bf2.4 with Apache 1.3.33 and PHP 4.3.10-18.
  • ok, now i think i know why they're showing backwards.

this weekend i'll update it, so check on monday for a new patched release. it might also have the encoding issue solved (i know i did code it right, but screwed something little)

and thanks for the feedback and help.
  • Hi,

I installed the Alpha version early this week, and have problems with the sorting. I choose the sorting n°2 (numbers order), but it is not working fine, it seems random.

My gallery :
    http://www.julieng.info/gallerie-ireland/

My server version :
    http://www.julieng.info/info.php

Thanks a lot !
  • For info, pictures n° 4430, 4434, 4436 are on page 1, when 4431, 4437, 4438 are on page 2....

Thanks...
  • I have downloaded latest version from SVN repository and sorting is still bugged.
  • could you please be more specific?
    have you tried all sorting types? are they all buggy?
    which platform is your server in? server software?
    can you include a link to your gallery so we can check this issue?
  • Link to gallery is in this thread but after todays source synchronizing it looks like sorting is ok. Unfortunately page is completely blank (there is a source for it but it renders to white page) in Internet Explorer and under Firefox Polish letters are still bugged.

http://marcin.prodom.com.pl/rodzinne/?g=grudzien_2006
  • My version.php says it's v09a58. Oh, by the way: I can't find cached thumbnails anywhere. Where should they be saved?
  • cached thumbnails sould be saved inside /cache/ directory, given it has the right permissions. please read the installing instructions for further clarification.

about characters, are you sure you're editing the _info.txt file as UTF-8? if not, wrong characters are to appear since encoding will be wrong.

i don't see it rendering to a blank page, coud you tell me in which browser is it? and i suggest you upgrade to the last version v09b63.
  • Thumbnails - my fault. I missed that part about permissions.

UTF - yes, it's in UTF-8. Characters are all right in some parts of page (like dark grey part on the left).

I upgraded to SVN revision 63 (version.php says it's v09b61) - the same blank page in IE 6.0.2800.1106 on Win2k.
  • i'll check in IE, but it might be the use of Lightbox JS2, try switching to the default Preview image window (
    $settings['use_lightbox'] = 0;
    ) and see if it behaves well. (there's a hack that 'hides' all thumbnails until loaded since Lightbox JS2 parses the HTML for some JS rewriting, so clicking on a thumbnail before the parsing makes Lightbox JS2 behave quirky)
  • By the way: gallery list doe's not load in Opera 9.10 - it says "loading" all the time. It loads correctly when I use old Minicase version - the stable one.
  • IE still shows blank page after $settings['use_lightbox'] = 0;.
  • it might be an incomplete upgrade, but your gallery still gives me version v09a58 when i check the source for the main page. it is on top, something like:
    <html>
    <!--
    minishowcase v09a58
    by victor zambrano
    http://minishowcase.net/
    -->

can you check that your upgrade is a complete one? it should show v09b64 if you do it against the current version (just committed) or something with a v09b6? if you have done it in the last couple of days.
  • it seems that your
    _info.txt
    file is in
    Central European (ISO Latin 2)
    encoding, not in UTF-8, just make sure you save it as UTF-8.

this is how it looks when opened in the CE ISO Latin2:
    <h2>Witam w galerii zdjęć rodzinnych.</h2>
    <p>Zapraszam do obejrzenia <a href="javascript:setGallery('stare_slajdy',false);return false;">starych slajdów</a>
    oraz <a href="javascript:setGallery('grudzien_2006',false);return false;">nowszych zdjęć</a>.
    </p>

<p>Niestety polskie litery nie dzialaja jeszcze poprawnie.</p>

<h3>Miłego przeglšdania.</h3>

is it right there?
  • edited December 2006
    I just synced and I have v09b64 version. All the bugs are as stated above:
    - broken Polish characters in some places (solved - it was my fault)
    - page not showing under IE
    - gallery list not loading under Opera
  • Ahh you are right about UTF. I am really sorry for disturbing you, I was sure it was in UTF. I converted it to UTF and characters seems ok now. Thank you very much.
  • Info texts are OK but it looks like strings from pl.php are still broken:

/* loading */
    $lang["loading_title"] = "ładowanie";

/* reload */
    $lang["gallery_reload"] = "odśwież";

Strings above show on page with broken characters. I double checked pl.php file this time (it's from SVN) and it is in UTF.
  • sure, i'll check it.