...decrease canvas creep on thumbnails
  • Version: v09b142
    Browser: Chrome
    Server: Apache/Linux
    URL: http://www.stevensonsmodeling.com/

Question:
    How do I decrease -- what I'm calling -- canvas creep on thumbnails? Meaning, when the thumbnail engine does its magic, it essentially shrinks the outer perimeter, or the canvas, of the image to minimize degradation of the image quality. (This is the best way I can think of to describe it.) The problem is that my client's site showcases headshots, and many of the persons' heads are getting cut off in the thumbnails. To see a stark example, go to the URL above > 'WOMEN' gallery and locate "Kari". Her head is being cut off in the thumbnail. My temporary workaround is to edit such images and "pad" the canvas (with transparency) in the direction where the person's head is being cut off. This offsets the image so that I can mimic a head-centered thumbnail. :-)

Is there a solution to this where I can simply have the thumbnail engine not trim as much of the image's perimeter?

Thank you in advance!
  • I'm giving my post a little bump to try again and see if anyone has any advice on this. No responses yet. I may have to start a campaign thru the code to see if I can craft a hack. Was hoping to avoid that, though, or at least get some direction. If anyone out there can help, please let me know. Thank you!
  • seems you solved it? sorry, couldn't find Kari. let me know if you still have problems and i can help you with the solution.