Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Sub Folder Updates

edited February 2009 in Everything else
Hey, I'm back.

After Brian C. Becker posted that he had included some sub folder support, I had a programmer modify his modifications to help with navigation styling.

You can view what we did with it here : melfx.com/xx-pics.php

It is working in Firefox right now. WIll fix IE issues (css) this weekend.

If you want to use this :
1) first download Brian's package here : http://briancbecker.com/tmp/minishowcase_subiptc.zip

2) download http://www.melfx.com/libraries/ajax.functions.js and replace it with Brian's in the /libraries directory.

3) It takes all first level directories in "/galleries" and creates a UL for them. The name of each of these first level directories is given a "LI class=title" tag while all folders inside of it are givin LI tages.

In the example given for instance, I have four directories under "/galleries" which are named "Movies" "Television" "Special_Projects" and "Television". Under each of these is a specific movie/program with Jpegs inside.

Use "_" underlines for spaces in a folder. A folder named "Hello_World" will be given an html line of "Hello World".

4) The navigation effects are simple jQuery "hide/show" functions.

Hope that all makes sense. Feel free to email me if necessary. kevin@ioartisans.com

Thanks to the creators of Minishowcase and Brian B!

Comments

• Hello. I followed the link to the view, xx-pics.php and I do not see the sub folder galleries under the main Gallery heading. I also downloaded Brian's source and the updated ajax.functions.php provided in this thread. My install does not have sub folders under the main Gallery heading. I used both FF 3.0.6 and IE 7.
  • Thanks for the reply. I'll get back to you soon, the client has been uploading photos and folders through FTP. Most likely the schema is messed up i.e. he has a photo where a folder should be or a Thumbs.db file or something in there.

Once mine is working I'll comment
  • Okay, solved.

I had some bad lines in ajax.functions.js that I recently added. Re-Download.

You will also need the Navigation Effects file. Its included below.

I apologize for not being able to wrap this up in a nice package. That will be a goal in the next couple of months.

-----------------------------

AJAX.FUNCTIONS.JS: http://www.melfx.com/libraries/ajax.functions.js

NAV.EFFECTS.JS : http://www.melfx.com/libraries/nav.effects.js

Put both of these in the /libraries directory of Brian's package.

If you are still having issues, let me know.

-Kevin
  • At the moment I am editing the ajax.functions.js to make the page scroll to the top when you click one of the nav buttons. Will post when its working.
  • Works. Ajax.Functions.js is clean to download.
  • thanks kvnBushi

i finally found some time to get my hands dirty and i'll be working mostly on bringing the sub-folders into minishowcase. i'll take a look at your code and see if it can serve as a base, will let you know.
  • I got the subfolders working, but can any one tell me how to do the jQuery hide/show functions? Where to put the code? Because without it it just takes up more space with the subfolders which is the opposite of what I intended.. Also, does any one know how to get help on the minimanager? I have tried everything and can't make it work. Sorry for the double ques.
  • Same here, how to get this Effect ?
  • I try this subfolders is working, but i can't understand "download http://www.melfx.com/libraries/ajax.functions.js and replace it with Brian's in the /libraries directory." this setp how to do, because i colud not find out Brian's in the libaries directory.
  • edited May 2009
    First off, thanks to all that have contributed to the sub gallery code. It has provided the extra functionality that I needed.

I've had a play around with the JQuery script so that the menus automatically expand and contract, similar to an accordian, and come up with this:

var galleryDrops = {

init:function() {

var $j = jQuery.noConflict(); // needed to work with mootools
    // Use jQuery via $j(...)

$j(document).ready(function(){
    $j('li.title').siblings('li').hide();
    $j('li.title').click(function(){
    var $nextli = $j(this).nextAll('li');
    var $nextliVisible = $j(this).nextAll('li:visible');
    var $visibleSiblings = $j('li:not(.title):visible');
    if ($visibleSiblings.length) {
    if($visibleSiblings[0] == $nextliVisible[0]) {
    // open title clicked so slide back up
    $nextli.slideUp('fast');
    return false;
    }
    // slide up previous visible menu then slide down new menu
    $visibleSiblings.slideUp('fast', function(){
    $nextli.slideDown('fast');
    });
    }
    else {
    $nextli.slideToggle('fast');
    }
    });
    });
    }
    }

It can either be pasted into the NAV.EFFECTS.JS file to overwrite the original code, or just pasted at the bottom of the AJAX.FUNCTIONS.JS file and remove the NAV.EFFECTS.JS.

I also made some modifications to the CSS so that the menu was a bit more compact. It only works with the default preview mode (0) at the moment, so will need a bit more work if you use one of the other modes.

Check out a demo at:
    http://scubabeer.uk.to/~chris/minishowcase/

Hope people find this is useful.
  • For those that have asked, here is a zip with all the additions added.

Scubabeer
  • thanks scubabeer (whoa, that's a nickname!), your support to minishowcase is invaluable!
  • edited May 2009
    Sorry, solved
  • Hi guys,
    I try my best. My english is not so fine.
    The package of Scubabeer didnt work on my server.
    The subfolder do not open.

Can someone create a complete and working package for me please.
  • edited June 2009
    Hello scubabeer- Thanks for the addition. I took your zipped archive and added a gallery to the gallery tree. When I run your version, I get an error in ajax.functions.js at line 1718.

name is undefined
    galleryName(undefined)ajax.functions.js (line 1718)
    updateGalleriesMenu("venezuela:5:|")ajax.functions.js (line 233)
    updateGalleries("venezuela:5:|")ajax.functions.js (line 137)
    callback()()cpaint2....ressed.js (line 64)
    [Break on this error] if (!show_gallery_number) name = name.replace(/^[0-9]*-/g,"");

No galleries are listed under the galleries heading, so no menu.
  • arthurema/TechnoRocker,

Very strange. Just downloaded the file myself and it works for me!

I've added a couple of sub-directories with a sample picture in each and zipped up the directory from a working copy on my server. Let me know if this works.

Scubabeer
  • Excellent, thank you. This archive works. I'll look into why the previous archive did not work, why menu-ing failed.
  • Ah, the menu only works going down 1 sub directory level. Scubabeer has a good start.
  • edited July 2009
    First of all..Let me thank Victor for creating this wonderful Gallery.
    It would be great if you can provide a description area just below the pop up image after the thumbnail click. I think there wont be much complication even it can be added dynamically from a note pad or XML.
    I am basically a designer ..not a programmer..I am not sure about that this gallery have such a feature right now..

Anyway Thank you again.

Krishh
  • its really great to have sub folder features in this gallery. Really appreciate you for finding time to have this feature on Victors gallery. I tried after downloading this . Its working..but if one category is not having sub category..that galley wont work..for eg: Tavel/Euorope/..it will work..but if we have photos in "Travel" only then that gallery wont work..is there any settings to be changed...also i would like to set this image open in another light box..so i changed the preview mode to "2".. ..its not working..please advice me to solve this..Anybody can help on this..?
  • This subgallery feature is perfect. I was just about to abandon minishowcase when i found it. thanks so much.

@knkdas does changing this setting to true not solve your problem?
    $settings['show_empty_galleries'] = false;
  • edited June 2010
    hey is there away to password protect the containing folder of the subfolders and not the subfolders themselves? Thank you

Great job on the subfolders work flawlessly only problem I see is that when I use png's none of the other pictures in the subfolder load. :)
  • Scubabeer,

I downloaded and installed your modified version of the minishowcase but it's not listing the galleries or subgalleries using the CSS Menu, but the script detects them if I use the "select" menu option. Any ideas?